1) Explain what is Drupal?
Ans) Drupal is a Content Management System (CMS). It’s an open source content and free CMS framework written in PHP. It enables you to organize, manage and publish content with ease and comes with a variety of customization option.
2) Why to use Drupal?
Ans) Drupal is very powerful and can be used for building large, complex sites. It is PHP based template and allows non-technical users to add and edit the content without any HTML or Web design knowledge. Using Drupal CMS, it can be easy to interact with other sites or technologies and can handle complex forms and workflows. It is available with more than 16000 modules which can be addressed with Drupal core and add-on modules.
3) Mention what are the key features of Drupal?
Ans) There are two key features of Drupal
4) Explain how caching work in Drupal?
Ans) Through caching Drupal allows to speed up website using different configuration like page caching, block caching and lifetime for cached pages.
5) What is a patch?
Ans) A patch is a file that contains a list of differences between one set of files, and another. Through patches, all the changes in code like additions or deletions to Drupal core can be made. Also, patches can be used to make changes to another copy of the original or main file.
6) What do PDO mean?
Ans)PDO means PHP Data Object; it is a lean and consistent way to access databases. It allows developers to write portable code with ease.
7)What is Drupal main menu?
Ans) Menus are very important to navigate your website easily. Menus offer a set of links as a result; you can navigate your website. The Drupal menu allows you to add, remove and rename the menus and menu items.
8)What is the use of Show as expanded field while creating menu?
Ans) If it is consist of sub-menus. Then it will be displayed under parent menu item.
9)What is the use of weight field while creating menu?
Ans) It Sets the order of menu items.
10) What is Drupal blocks?
Ans) Blocks are container objects that are used to organize your content of your website.
11) What is the use of the field set the width of each sidebar in the layout and general settings?
Ans) It is used to set width of first sidebar and second sidebar and unit in % or px or em.
12) What is the use of Media query for this layout field in the layout and general settings?
Ans) Media query defines different style rules for different media devices and by default for this layout will be 1025px.
13) What is the maximum and minimum width for media query for Landscape tablet in tablet layout?
Ans) Media query for Landscape tablet will be min-width: 769px and max-width: 1024px.
14) What does sticky at top of lists does in publishing options while creating the front page?
Ans) It fixes your page at top of lists on your site.
15) Explain how database system of Drupal works?
Ans) In a database Drupal stores information, and each information has its own database table. For example, the basic information regarding the nodes of your site are stored and kept in the node table, and if you use the CCK module to add fields to your nodes, the field information is stored in a separate table.
16) What is DRUSH in Drupal?
Ans) DRUSH is a command line shell and UNIX scripting interface for Drupal
17)Explain what Drupal distributions is and when to use?
Ans) Distributions are full copies of Drupal, which includes Drupal Core, along with additional software as modules, themes, libraries and installation profiles. You can use distributions for
18) List out the SEO modules available in Drupal?
Ans) Some of the SEO modules available in Drupal are
19) Explain what is Drupal weight?
Ans) The term Drupal weight is used to describe the priority or order in which the function is processed, or block/ node is displayed. A heavier (+10) weights will appear lower in lists while a lower weight (-10) will float to the top of lists.
20) Explain what is Drupal cron?
Ans) To execute commands or scripts automatically at specified time and date intervals, you have to use Drupal cron.
21) Why Drupal needs database? What databases are supported?
Ans) Drupal stores its information in the database like individual pages, registered users and so on. For your Drupal site, database forms the back end; it supports MySQL /MariaDB, PostgreSQL and in Drupal 7, SQLite.
22) Explain what is render array in Drupal?
Ans)For Drupal content render arrays are the basic building blocks. In Drupal, render arrays provide you a structured way to programmatically change the content before it is displayed.
23) What is the use of URL path settings option while creating basic page?
Ans) Here you can specify alternative URL by which content can be accessed. Don't add slash at the end or beginning of the URL alias or else it will not work.
24) What is the use of Publishing options while creating blogs?
Ans) It allows you to publish your blog content on Front Page or you can stick at top of lists as per the demand.
25)What is Drupal content type?
Ans) Drupal content type defines the style in which contents are collected and displayed.
Ans) Taxonomy can be thought of classifying website content which display specific content based on taxonomy terms.
27)Mention the terms that Drupal taxonomy is created?
Ans) Drupal taxonomy is made up of several terms such as:
28) What is Anonymous user?
Ans) It allows user to access your website without asking them for the username or password.
29) What is authenticated user?
Ans) It allows only those users to access your website, who are authenticated to use it.
30) Mention the steps to optimize the Drupal website?
Ans) The steps to optimize the Drupal site are:
31)What is Drupal error handling?
Ans) Error Handling is a process of detection and finding the resolutions for the errors, this can be programming application errors or communicable errors.
32) What is the use of twitter suffix option in advanced tab in druapl social networking?
Ans) Twitter Suffix will optionally append a Twitter handle, or text, so that you get pinged when someone shares an article.
33) Explain what is the use of Ctools in Drupal?
Ans) This suite is a set of APIs and tools, and it makes easier to handle AJAX requests and tell the client what to do with them.
34) What are the files required for theme and module?
Ans)Drupal uses .info files to store metadata about themes and modules. The files required for
35) Explain using module how you can drop the table?
Ans) To drop the table you can use db_drop_table in install file.
36) What are the translations available in Drupal?
Ans) Drupal is translated into all popular languages including
37) What is Drupal Pane module?
Ans) Pane module is used to translate the custom panel's pane with optional title that will be stored as variables and it can be translate or edit quickly.
38) What is aggregator module?
Ans) Aggregator Module takes the content from other websites but does not generate any feeds. It is also known as a feed reader. It gathers, displays texts and images and other sites and blogs.
39) What is the use of Length of trimmed description field in Feed aggregator?
Ans) Select the length of your descriptions.
40) What is the use of auto-reply field in contact module?
Ans) Sends the automatic reply message to the user.
41) What is the use of Product SKU while setting shopping cart?
Ans) Unique identifier for the product is given here.
42) What is the use of Rate field while setting up taxes?
Ans) It is a percentage used to calculate the tax which is expressed as a decimal.
43) What is the use of Tax amount rounding mode field while setting discounts?
Ans) Specify what type of rounding should occur when tax rates of tax type are calculated for the unit price of a line item.
44) What is the use of Add to Cart Form Settings field in receive donation
Ans) It includes the product line item types in add to cart form to collect information.
45) What is the use of server field in setup payments?
Ans) We should select the server from either of the one i.e. Production or Sandbox.
46)What is Drupal invoice generation?
Ans) Invoice is a document with a statement of amount and cost, unique invoice number and tax information.
47)Which PHP compatibility is used for Drupal?
Ans) PHP 5.2+
48) What are the advantages of Drupal?
Ans)The advantages of Drupal are:
49)What is Multilingual content?
Ans) Multilingual means your content can be written and will be displayed in different languages.
50)What are disadvantages of Drupal?
Ans) The disadvantage of Drupal are: